ABOUT DONNA KIM
Donna Kim, Owner of The Perfect Details, has made a career of bringing her creative and artistic influences to bear across pursuits as varied as musical performance and education, wedding and event planning, graphic design and bespoke food and drink offerings. A double major in Business and Music at Hofstra University, she began her career in orchestral management and private piano instruction and has been a member of the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s Tanglewood Festival Chorus for over 25 years. She built an award-winning reputation as a wedding and event planner for many years having designed and executed signature weddings at grand venues such as Castle Hill on the Crane Estate, the Chanler at Cliff Walk, Belle Mer - A Longwood Venue and numerous private residences which have been featured in national and regional publications like the Knot, Brides, and Flutter. in addition to business achievements she has worked with some of the top vendors in the wedding industry including photographers, videographers, floral designers, DJ’s, musicians, makeup and hair artists and cake designers.
Donna balances her many talents with a keen sense of organization. She prides herself on her intuition, her honesty and on listening to what is not being said.
DID YOU KNOW?
Five Fun Facts about Donna Kim:
1) She is a self-taught baker! Donna learned how to bake by watching cooking shows, reading books and baking! (Practice makes perfect!) Her favorite things to bake are cookies and cakes for friends.
2) When Donna was in first grade she was cast as Snow White in her elementary school play. Many (and I mean MANY) years later she is still singing! Now she likes to sing with the Boston Symphony Orchestra and with the professional chamber group, Auriel Camerata.
3) Donna learned how to figure skate after college. Did you know that skaters jump/spin in a one direction? (Sometimes both!) She originally started learning as a “leftie” but later learned everything as a “rightie”! Her favorite part of skating was gliding fast and jumping. (the pic above is NOT Donna but a photo she took of Kristi Yamaguchi. A girl can dream, can’t she?)
4) Donna has been studying Holy Fire Reiki and will be doing her Master Training this spring. She loves to be able to help people on another dimension and also by sending distance healing to those that need it.
5) If Donna could have picked another career, it would have been soundtrack/music editing for movies. Incidentally “the Holiday” is one of her favorite movies.