It's a new year and you're trying to start the year off right and eat healthy, exercise more, blah blah blah...right? We were on Pinterest and found this great cocktail recipe that features an organic spirit. If you don't have any organic gin lying around, you can use your favorite gin. We love this local gin made right in Maine - Alchemy Dry Gin.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1/4 small, ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 1-inch strip of orange peel
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 drop pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces Tru organic gin
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Sugared rim, pear slice, and cracked black pepper
- Muddle the pear, orange peel, and lemon juice in cocktail shaker.
- Add ice along with the vanilla, gin, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously to mix and chill.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass with a sugared rim.
- Float a thin slice of pear on top of the martini and add a dusting of freshly cracked black pepper.