A Boston Red Sox Inspired Invitation Box
Here at The Perfect Details we are winding down a busy wedding season and gearing up for the holidays. In the Boston area we are also gearing up for a little game of baseball otherwise known as the World Series. Yes, the Boston Red Sox are playing in the 2013 World Series and the first game is here at Fenway Park.
In honor of the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park and the World Series, we created a cute little invitation that was inspired by baseball. This invitation could easily translate as a great invitation for a baseball themed Bat Mitzvah, a rehearsal dinner at Fenway Park or even your wedding at Center Field!
Our invitation box has baseball inspired red stitching on the corners of the box! How cute! When you open the box, the top of the box has the Fenway Park scoreboard and the bottom of the box is lined with Astroturf Paper! The invitation features the Baseball Diamond and the RSVP Card is another version of the Fenway Park Scoreboard with baseball inspired wording and goes into a white envelope lined with a red paper. To top it all off, we include a Sticker of the Red Sox logo to seal on the back of the envelope. We used paper and items from Paper Source – one of our faves!
Here’s how we did it:
- 1 Paper Source PURE WHITE A7 Box Mailer
- 1 A7 Paper Source NIGHT flat card
- 1 A7 Paper Source RED flat card
- 1 A7 Paper Source SAVOY WHITE Letterpress flat card
- 1 3.5 inch x 5inch Paper Source SAVOY WHITE Letterpress flat card
- 1 SIZE Paper Source RED envelope liner *
- 1 3.5 inch x 5 inch Paper Source PURE WHITE envelope *
- 1 6 inch x 8 inch Paper Source PURE WHITE Text paper
- 1 6 inch x 8 inch Astroturf Paper
- 1.25 inch Paper Source Round Printable PURE WHITE Labels
- Red Dimensional Paint with a fine tip (we used fabric paint which worked great)
- Tape Gun
1) Cut the Astroturf Paper to line the BOTTOM of the box mailer.
2) Cut the RED flat card to 6.5 inches long and 4.5 inches wide. Set aside.
3) Cut the SAVOY WHITE paper to 6 inches long and 4 inches wide.
4) Print the invitation on the SAVOY WHITE 4 inches x 6inches.
5) Tape the SAVOY WHITE invite to the RED cut flat card. Repeat the process with the NIGHT A7 card. Your invitation is now completed. Set aside.
6) Use the tape gun to tape the sides of the RED envelope liner and insert into the PURE WHITE envelope. For the purposes of this blog posting we did not use a Paper Source envelope but the instructions are the same.
7) Print the RSVP Card on the SAVOY WHITE paper. Print the Red Sox Logo on the labels.
8) Print the Fenway Park Scoreboard on the Paper Source PURE WHITE text paper. Cut to fit the TOP of the box mailer and use the tape gun to put it in.
9) Trace lightly with a pencil, an arc. We used a roll of mailing tape that was the right arc. Draw the arc on two corners of the box. Carefully draw V’s all the way around and onto the sides. BE CAREFUL as you do this. If you don’t have a steady hand we recommend tracing all the V’s. Let it dry.
10) To mail the box (and yes you can really do this). make sure you get an accurate weight from the Post Office and seal the box well! Nothing is worse than getting a box with missing items!
We hope you enjoyed our first HOW TO blog post. If you liked it, please leave us a comment and let us know!
Have a great day and Goooooo RED SOX!