#Thirsty Thursday: Double Rainbow Cake Jelly Shot
Double Rainbow Cake Jelly Shot
- 1 3/4 cups prepared lemonade
- 4 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups cake flavored vodka (or substitute vanilla or whipped cream vodka and a touch of amaretto)
- 2 tsp sweetened condensed milk (up to 4 tbsp is okay -- use to sweeten to taste!)
- 6 small bowls (one for each color)
- liquid food color
- frosting and sprinkles, for garnish, if desired
- flexible silicone mini muffin pan
- Pour lemonade into a small saucepan, and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two.
- Heat over low, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in the vodka and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour 1/2 cup portions into 6 bowls. Use liquid food color for rainbow colors (in this case: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet). For a very vibrant rainbow, use 4 drops of liquid food coloring for the red, yellow, green and blue colors. To get orange, use 3 drops red and 1 drop yellow. To get violet, use 2 drops red and 2 drops blue.)
- Prepare the mini muffin pans by spraying lightly with cooking spray and then wiping clean with a paper towel. (This will leave a slight residue, which will assist in unmolding without affecting the taste or appearance of the jelly shots.)
- Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of the red gelatin mixture into the muffin pan cavities. Refrigerate until set, but still sticky when touched. (The first layer will take 10 minutes or so, subsequent layers less, about 5 minutes each.) Repeat with remaining colors.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the layers to fully bond.
- To serve, loosen around the edges of each muffin cavity and pop out the jelly shots.
- Immediately before serving, garnish with a small dollop of frosting and sprinkles.
- Can't find a silicone pan? Wax-lined paper cups also work for this recipe. Just refrigerate until firm and when ready to eat, loosen by gently squeezing the cup, then simply peel away the paper cup.