DIY - Flower Cake Topper
If you are the next Martha Stewart or a big DIYer, here is a fun challenge for you. Flower Cake Topper
You will need:
- 100g white plastic icing pr royal icing
- 2ml CMC gum paste
- rolling pin
- small sieve
- flower cookie cutter in at least 3 sizes
- balling tool
- patty pan tin or wax paper
- small paintbrush
- cake decorations, such as pearls
- Available at specialist baking shops.
Royal icing recipe:
Beat one large egg white until foamy and add 7,5ml lemon juice. Add 300g sifted icing sugar (powdered sugar), one spoonful at a time. Beat until the mixture is thick and glossy. Keep covered until ready to use.
Photo Source: ideasmag.co.za