4th of July Weekend!
Heading to a 4th of July cookout this weekend? You can't go empty handed! Here's a quick and easy trifle recipe that is going to have everyone eating out of the palm of your hands.
- 1 1/2 lb raspberries (5 cups)
- 3/4 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 10 ounces of mascarpone cheese (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups of cold heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fine salt
- 20 to 24 ladyfingers broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 lb of blueberries (2 1/2 cups)
- Combine raspberries with 1/4 cup of sugar and orange juice. Lightly mash the berries to release their juice. Let sit for approx. 10 minutes. In another bowl, mix mascarpone with 1/2 cup of sugar till it smoothes. Whisk in cream, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Whisk for about 4 minutes.
- Cut one to two pieces of parchment 1 in. taller than side of an 8 in. springform pan and line the inside of the pan. Line the pan with half of the ladyfingers, topped with half of the raspberry mix. Spread half of the whipped cream over the berries with a spatula. Tap pan to remove air bubbles. Repeat with the left over ladyfingers, raspberry mixture, and whipped cream. Top with blueberries and refrigerate till whipped cream is stiff and cookies have softened (approx. 3 hours)
Unmold trifle to serve and peel away the parchment. ENJOY!